Waldorf In The Home

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Why a red beet?

I don't eat red beets. Pickled beets make me gag. The earliest moments of red beets are when I was forced to eat them for lunch in daycare. Blech.  Red-velvet cupcakes are delicious and so are these pink pancakes 

After years at working many long hours at a stressful and extremely fun and creative job as Director in a children's publishing company, the US division was sold. My husband Geir continued to work for the mother company in Norway and during that time we incorporated a business. Geir choose the name Redbeets.com because the URL was available and because of its originality. Nope. I am not married to Shrute and I don't live on a red beet farm. I bet you are as happy about that as I am,... well maybe not. 

After leaving the publishing industry, I focused on my dream to become a Mother and I also did the accounting for RedBeets Inc and when the two fantastically collided I became Redbeet Mama. Spoof, just like that. It was magical. 



 I am a happy Mama and a homemaker and I am very passionate about educating our children at home. In late 2007 my husband and I started on our journey of living more simply. Our family creed  became "The more a person lives without the more a person lives within."  We had a lot of things and now  we have only the belongings that have meaning to us and things that we need now not later.

Through this blog I savor the moments in ways that no other creative outlet would allow me. I love being Redbeet Mama and I hope to share my love of all things Waldorf and home education with other cool Mama's and create a circle. 

Welcome to my blog and namaste! 

Nicole


10 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world. I love the title of your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Imene - I am so excited that you stopped by and left a comment - my first ever - woohoo!. I haven't told any of my friends yet and just realized that when I commented on your blog it left a trail to my blog.
    Namaste!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole-
    What a beautiful beginning to what I know will be a wonderful blog. Not sure if you ever saw my blog.http://www.melissaandmichaelsjourney.blogspot.com/
    It followed our journey to Russia and back. Sadly I stopped journaling once the girls came home because I had NO time. I dream of doing what you are doing. Enjoy and I look forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicole!
    I love your blog. I saw your post on Little Acorn...Lilah has been going there since September and we love Eileen. You sound so happy back in PA, we miss you though! Oh between you and Eileen I'm officially inspired to start that blog I always talk about but never seem to have time to do
    Best,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nicole,
    I am proud of you.
    Love,
    Geir

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for all the kind words and encouragement.

    Much love, Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing this. I love what you say about simplicity and having less. I am having many many thoughts about that lately.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've wondered since I first found your blog and just now noticed the sidebar link. What a great story.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this story and the name of your blog. I look forward to spending many happy moments here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love love your blog!
    I am so happy that you are posting again..

    I want to be a stay at home mama too :)

    god and goddess bless
    -A

    ReplyDelete

Your comments kindle my spirit.

Namaste!