Waldorf In The Home

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Inner Goddess



I worked on my visual board while the little ones napped today -another one of my nap-time indulgences. I love cutting out the images, reading an overlooked article and arranging the board just so. I plan to hang this board, once finished, above my soaking tub. It will be a reminder to honor myself and the goddess within me. Motherhood is my life, I want it no other way, but is not my total being - I am starting to realize this now as my youngest is approaching her second birthday. A fog is lifting - maybe it is just the fact that I am getting more sleep. This year I plan to focus on my spirituality as a woman, in addition to being a mother, to pamper my soul and celebrate my inner goddess. Maybe even have her come out once in a while - and put a smile on my husband's face. How do you honor the goddess within you?


3 comments:

  1. I'm taking a class and I have to work on an inspiration board. I love the idea but don't know where to start. Thank you for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - an inspiration board is an even better name for it! I love the magazine Body & Soul - also I use my favorite catalogs. Glue sticks work best - the kind that look almost like a deodorant stick. Please share photos when you are done.

    Thanks for stopping by - I was so excited that you did.
    Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember coming out of that fog. Mine happened a bit later when my son was 5 1/2 but it was wonderful. My tired body finally got the rest it needed. Your inspiration board is indeed inspiring. Mine has been neglected lately.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments kindle my spirit.

Namaste!