Waldorf In The Home

Monday, January 18, 2010

Corners of My Home



It was back in November when I started reading blogs. It quickly turned into a hobby - a nap time indulgence. A cup of hot Irish tea with milk and sugar, a quiet baby monitor buzz and I was happy to read one blog after another. One of my favorite spotlights of the bloggers I follow is their "Corners of My Home."Photographs of places that are loved, lived in and created for family inspire me and provoke feelings of appreciation of my own homemaking skills. I enjoy saying "I love you" through creating a warm, comfortable home for my family. It is my meditative work while the little ones rest in the afternoon and after I had my tea and fair share of reading blogs. I enjoy making our space in this world inviting - a space that says come cook a delicious meal - come let's play, discover and be happy and feel safe. Mondays are a perfect day to spotlight a corner of my home. It is the day that I try not to run any errands. I stay home doing wash, some baking, reorganizing and preparing for the week ahead. The girls enjoy the busyness of this day - they like to help and they get  to have uninterrupted play time - this is the day where I see their imaginations flow so freely. I enjoy the rhythm of Mondays.
Above is a photograph taken above my meditation corner. I had more photos to share but I discovered that this posting format wasn't allowing any more pictures. I had to chant a few OM's to get over that frustration - I have more to learn about posting. Time to go sit in my little corner and accept things as they are and not what they ought to be. Blessed be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments kindle my spirit.

Namaste!